by B.C. Baseball High Performance, 2018-03-10T08:39:44-08:00March 10 2018, at 08:39 AM PST
BC Baseball 2018 16U Select Team Coaching Opportunities for GSL South Sound Firecracker Tournament, Tacoma WA
• This commitment occurs over a 8 week time frame involving player identification, a development camp, final team selection, final team preparation, tournament participation and supervision of the team.
• A high energy, hands on approach is required for this opportunity.
• Applicants should submit their bio detailing coaching experience and history.
• Coaches named to these roles will be required to distribute uniforms to team and to manage and return any equipment belonging to BC Baseball.
• Coaches will be required to complete and forward an evaluation and feedback form
within a week of returning from the tournament.
• Coaches should be prepared to be at all scheduled on & off field events.
• Head Coach will supervise 1 assistant coach and together with BC Baseball representative will be responsible for and supervise team of players during practices, games, and travel to/from and at the Father’s Day Slugfest tournament.
Final team roster will be comprised of 13-15 players plus Head Coach, one assistant coach and a BC Baseball representative coach.
BC Baseball 18U Directors will prepare and run four half-day tryouts which will be held throughout the province prior to the development camp:
Prince George: Sunday, April 8th
Vancouver Island (Nanaimo): Sunday, April 15th
Vancouver Island (Duncan): Sunday, April 19th
Interior (West Kelowna): Friday, April 20th
Lower Mainland Tryouts: Richmond Saturday, April 28th and Aldergrove Sunday, April 29th
The coaches will participate, along with guest coaches in instructing and evaluating players at a 3 day 16U Selects Developmental Camp Aldergrove June 8-10.
The Head coach, along with BC Baseball 18U Directors will participate in the final team selection.
Deadline for application is Tuesday, May 15th. Please send your applications and any questions to: